3x Midwest Regional Emmy® Award-winning producer at South Dakota’s CBS affiliate. Team member of Edward R. Murrow Award-Winning website KELOLAND.com.
📍Where I’m At
👨🏼💻 A little more about me
I got my start in journalism in middle school 👦🏼. First reporting for a 📰 local park district newspaper, then for the 🎙Scholastic Kids Press Corps (here is my bio back then). In high school I was the first digital editor for our school newspaper.
Recently I received an official diagnoses for caffeine abuse. That said, I 💙 LOVE ☕️COFFEE. I have been a barista twice. I’m currently 💚 working at Starbucks (in addition to my full-time job) to take part in the amazing Starbucks College Achievement Plan (basically, free college).
🎓 I am finally 🥳 finishing my degree in media studies at 🏫 Arizona State University at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications. (And that’s the way it is.)
Here are a few of my latest stories for KELOLAND.com:
- Daniel M. Weber left Vietnam on Oct. 12, 1970. The then-Fulton, South Dakota native had been serving as a soldier in a mechanized infantry unit in the Vietnam War.
- It was a day to remember aboard Midwest Honor Flight: Mission 6 to Washington D.C. on Saturday. 120 Vietnam veterans flew to the nation's capital to see the monuments, war […]
- This past weekend 120 Vietnam War Veterans went to Washington D.C. for Midwest Honor Flight.
- Mission 6 of Midwest Honor Flight is a special one because all 120 veterans aboard served in the Vietnam War between 1964 and 1975.
- 120 Vietnam Veterans from South Dakota, northwest Iowa and southwest Minnesota are heading to Washington D.C. on Saturday.