SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO) — After smoke was found at the Sanford USD Medical Center late Tuesday night, some labor and delivery patients were evacuated to the critical care unit, a Sanford Health spokesperson confirmed to KELOLAND News.
The smoke was caused by a small fire on a maintenance cart. It occurred in the bio-med area on a lower level. It was put out by the sprinkler system in the building.
A heavy Sioux Falls Fire Rescue presence could be seen on the KELOLAND Livecam just before midnight.
The spokesperson said there were no injuries.
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue continues to investigate.